Transport Fever / Train Fever Mods

DMA Mods - Helos and Bush Planes
It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 03:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Helos and Bush Planes 
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post Helos and Bush Planes
So, I'm new here and I'd like to first say I'm glad I stumbled onto this site, I've found some very nice trucks and other items that fit into a map set in the US.

Now, on to my topic, it's two items but they normally operate in close proximity in real life so I thought I'd combine things as to not clutter up the board.

First up, has anything been mentioned or hinted at adding helicopters or at least the code as DLC or an SDK? Realistically helicopters would be more efficient for short hops between towns in a moderately sized circle. A heliport would also take up far less space than an airport for every other town. They could be used to feed into a regional airport or cross open water between islands faster than a boat of ship. Granted they don't carry many unless the civilian version of the Boeing/Vertrol Seaknight is used like the Pan Am shuttle flights from downtown Manhattan to JFK and Newark were until the 1970's.

Bush aircraft are a good alternative to helos so it would be nice to see not only Cessna and Beechcraft products but the DeHaviland Beaver, Otter and Twin Otter airplanes as well since they get used to not only ferry people but cargo into and out of some very small airfields. The DeHaviland DHC-7 already exists for the game so it would be nice to see it's little brothers. I know some folks like the older airplanes from the "Golden Age" of aviation but I tend to enjoy the sound and look of turboprop driven airframes. I don't know, maybe it's all the hours I rode in P-3's. I tend to think that having a fleet of bush planes on call in the game would be fun.

09 Jun 2017, 08:18