DMA Mods - Need more boats!
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 01:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Need more boats! 
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post Need more boats!
Hi to the community!

I like so much your mods, skins and repaints, but we need more boats on this game. A boat with your design will be awesome. Like ferrys (50 passengers), or yachts (1-2 passengers) If you add more speed (20-25km/h is ridiculous on large rivers and no one picks up the boat to travel) to existing boats will be great too.

Thanks for your mods, without that, the game would not be the same!

19 Apr 2017, 08:41
Site Admin

Post Re: Need more boats!
I made this one even before Transport Fever initial release and I was hoping that it will sail in TpF, but...
Attachment:
1780666699_o.jpg
RMS Carpathia

Game have same problem with boats and planes. Both are useless.
I increased boat speed to 300 km/h, and still take months to sail from one port to another. The game takes too much time to enter and leave the port as well as in an airplane, too much time is spent on take-off and landing.

19 Apr 2017, 11:10
Test Subject
Test Subject

Good job! Like Titanic :)
I'ts bad to hear that... On my savegames the people pick up the boats only when hasn't direct connection with another transport, or the distance between cities are too long to travel by car.
Hope that can help you! Many thanks

20 Apr 2017, 18:06
Site Admin

Urban Games wrote:
Improved aircraft movement (smaller turn radius etc.)
Improved aircraft approach/landing and air traffic control
This is what Devs said about latest patch.
Yeah... part of this is true. Line manager show smaller radius. That's true. But, bloody planes still making it's own (old) route!

I tried everything... new map, old maps... new line, old lines... everywhere is just the same. Line manager showing one thing, plane using it's own line. Cool.

And... ships still take ages to sail in/out of ports.

I made a test... I have a big (4K) map of Croatia...
- I made ships route from Zadar to Rijeka - it's about 150 km on sea
- I made railway from Zadar to Rijeka (via Karlovac (don't ask)) - it's almost 300 km
and... guess what? Train from Ri to Zd is 6 times faster then ship!!!

20 Apr 2017, 21:36
Test Subject
Test Subject

OMG... But boats has 25kmph and trains 300kmph is normal, the train is faster always! But people prefer always take the train or the bus than plane or boat... is a law on this game...

26 Apr 2017, 13:39
Test Subject
Test Subject

Are you planned to make a little boat (years 1930-1970) like the hoovercraft but older XD
I think a 4-5 little boats, works good, better than 2 big boats. Can you testing that with the hoovercraft moded with low speed, maybe 30-40km/h? I think the time to wait is the problem, no the time to travel, but don't know the little things of the creatos of the game XD

Thanks

PD: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8445/2839 ... 5a37_b.jpg

30 Apr 2017, 13:15
Test Subject
Test Subject

I've been using the hydrofoils that are available on another site and I believe the Steam Workshop and they work really well on maps that have a large river system. In fact once I can get the boat terminals integrated with the tram and bus systems in their respective towns I have to start adding more boats to the lines. One one play through I had I believe six hydrofoils per line and out of the town I developed into the administrative center I was originating five lines to about seven outlaying towns.

I would like to see more variation of that type of hull as they were originally developed around the turn of the last century with the Russians, I once again believe, using the lion's share. For variety a couple of decommissioned Pegasus hulls pressed into ferry service would be unique. Boeing did quite a bit of R&D on hydrofoils in the late fifties thru mid seventies along side a couple of maritime firms.

Since I sandbox the game historical accuracy isn't that important to me. I just use what my grandsons and I think look cool to play with. 8)

09 Jun 2017, 07:44